The person who does not have capacity (P) should be involved in the decision as fully as possible. Their wishes and feelings must be taken into account, if they are able to express them.
Where practical and appropriate, the following people must also be consulted:
1. Anyone named by P as some to be consulted on the matter in question or similar matters.
2. Anyone who is caring for P
3. Anyone who is interested in P’s welfare
4. The people named by P in their Power of Attorney, if there is such a document
5. The people named as deputies, if the court has made a deputyship order